On Tuesday, November 3, Toy Story That Time Forgot will be released on Blu-Ray and DVD, and I can’t wait! Of course I’ll be running out as early as I can to buy it, just like I did with Toy Story of TERROR! last year. A new Pixar Blu-ray is definitely something to look forward to, because they never fail to give us a wealth of behind-the-scenes treasures.
I’ve actually managed to find some of the bonus material for Toy Story That Time Forgot online, ahead of its release. Here are the deleted scenes, without the commentary:
And the epic Battlesaurs’ television show opener:
I love Buzz tricking the dinos with his laser:
And Rex… oh, Rex:
But this one is probably my favorite, for the cheesy factor of it alone:
Okay, can we have a love song between Buzz and Jessie now, pretty please? Or at least some blatant sappiness? C’mon, these are dinosaurs, and they’re human toys! But I digress… back to Toy Story That Time Forgot…
These aren’t the only bonus features that will be on the Blu-ray. There’s plenty more to be seen when you purchase it this coming week, not to mention getting to watch the special in “glorious” HD. Here’s a rundown of what all’s included:
Blu-ray, Digital HD*, Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA)
- Reptillus! – In this behind-the-scenes look at Toy Story That Time Forgot, the filmmakers share a peek at the origins of the Battlesaurs world and culture, and explain the character design and development of its greatest hero, Reptillus Maximus.
- Commentary – Commentary with Toy Story that Time Forgot director, Steve Purcell, and head of story, Derek Thompson, on the process of making Toy Story That Time Forgot
- Toy Story Goes to Comic-Con – The Toy Story that Time Forgot team heads to San Diego to unveil the project to the public, led by their own longtime Comic-Con veterans, director Steve Purcell and head of story Derek Thompson.
- My Unexpected Friend – Feel the power – and sing along – as Reptillus Maximus expresses the depth of his feelings for Trixie in this 80’s-inspired karaoke video for his soulful ballad, “My Unexpected Friend.”
- Battlesaurs Animated Opening – A 2D animated opening for the fictional animated TV series, “Battlesaurs.”
- Deleted Scenes with Intros & Outros – Toy Story That Time Forgot director, Steve Purcell, introduces scenes that were developed and storyboarded for the special, but were ultimately cut from the final version.
“Light of Play”
“Prisoners of Bone”
*Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer
- Deleted Scene: “Battleopolis”
I always enjoy the extras, and the glimpses they provide into Pixar’s creative process. Which Toy Story That Time Forgot bonus feature(s) are you most excited about?
Images and video footage © Disney/Pixar.